A selection of ten vaguely March-related odds (oddses?) – inspired by some I posted on Facebook earlier this month.
- Odds of having an allergy: 5 to 1.
- Odds of luggage reaching the airport later than its owner: 70 to 1.
- Odds of a Wikipedia article having no mistakes: 86 to 1.
- Odds of a person reading this entry while drunk: 99 to 1.
- Odds of being on a plane with a drunken pilot: 117 to 1.
- Odds of dying while building Hoover Dam: 155 to 1.
- Odds of losing your cell phone today: 375 to 1.
- Odds of finding a four-leaf clover on the first try: 10,000 to 1.
- Odds of winning tonight’s $640 million Mega-Million Jackpot: 175,711,535 to 1.
- Odds of having a perfect March Madness bracket: 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 to 1.
Odds of these statistics being completely correct: probably quite slim, as I found them all on the Internet. But I still think they’re fun to look at.