All done moving – I think that everything is where it’s supposed to be. I’m all out of boxes to unpack, anyway. I’m pretty impressed that I found room for all of the stuff I brought without filling the new apartment to the brim. I mean, I still have room for books on my bookshelf!
Disclaimer: I do not condone idle word-mangling. Please mangle your words with care. Should not be attempted by the faint of heart or those with reading disorders. Side-effects include peculiar looks, disapproving frowns, essay markdowns, and utter confusion.
Since this weekend marks the end of Daylight Savings Time here in Washington, I decided to make a little cartoon-style picture for it. The basic vignette of cat and clock is referenced from a photo I found via Google Images. I then colored/styled/messed around a bit to better fit the image to the theme.
This took about 45 minutes to complete, and my recorder worked fine capturing that. I suspect the software I have only works up to about an hour’s worth of recording time, so I just need to be careful and watch the clock (ha, ha) whenever I use it – a surprisingly difficult thing to do in the middle of a creative process. Windows Movie Maker, however, was even more horrid to use than usual, making me wonder if it might be time to actually buy some real video-editing software. I don’t know if I edit videos frequently enough to justify the cost.
Anyway, here is the video of the process that made “Fall Back” Kitty:
Happy birthday to my friend Amanda! (4/30) I drew a one-hour speedpaint of her old cat, Smokey. I wasn’t able to have a kitty of my own growing up (family allergies), so I was always excited to see Smokey whenever I visited her house.
Again my recorder acted up, so only the ending of the process was saved – the making of the background. I need to find a new video program that’s less glitchy.
A snow leopard composite painting for Earth Day – the leopard was referenced from here and the Earth that appears in the eyes and text comes from here. Unfortunately my recording file was corrupted, so no process video this week. Overall I’m not particularly pleased with this one. It took about an hour to speedpaint and it really needs a couple more to make the leopard more realistic-looking in terms of fur texture.